A Ledger Nano S is a hardware wallet. Hardware wallets are considered very secure for the storage of a user’s private keys in the blockchain world. Your digital assets are safe even when using an untrusted PC. This document will go over the process to set up, manage, send and receive Thunder Token on Ledger Nano.
Before you begin:
- You have initialized your Ledger Nano S
- The latest firmware is installed
- Ledger Live is ready to use
- Google Chrome is installed
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find ThunderCore in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing…
- The app installation is confirmed.
Once Ethereum App is updated, please navigate to ThunderCore App and turn on contract data in settings again. This can avoid the error message of "Bitcoin and Ethereum apps required Install the latest Bitcoin and Ethereum apps first".
Check Balance/Receive Funds
- Account balances can be viewed on the MyCrypto Web Wallet or MEW Web Wallet interfaces.
- To receive crypto assets, use the addresses displayed to you from the list on MEW or MyCrypto, you can send assets to these addresses and interact with such assets using these wallet interfaces
- Make sure that you verify all reception addresses on the Ledger Nano S before any assets are sent!
- To send crypto assets via the Ledger Nano S, first connect your device via USB to the computer you wish to use
- Then, visit https://www.mycrypto.com or https://www.myetherwallet.com/
- Upon visiting either of these sites, click on the link to use the Ledger device to connect to the device
- Log into your Ledger Nano S and navigate to the downloaded ThunderCore application. Then, enter the application from the Ledger dashboard on the device.
- Now, follow the directions on the web wallet interface of your choice to choose to connect to the ThunderCore network (use the dropdown boxes)
- After connection, you should see a list of addresses that are available to you. Click on the address that you wish to use with the wallet
- After entering the wallet and choosing your corresponding address, you can now send TT. Use the web interface to enter all relevant transaction details (value to send, destination address, and gas price)
- After this, click on the send button to begin the transaction signing process.
- Now, shift your focus to your Ledger Nano S, there should be a series of items blinking in succession on the device. These items represent the transaction details of the transaction that you are about to send.
- Make sure that you verify the information displayed on the device display before either confirming (and signing) or denying the transaction.
- That’s it! Your transaction should be sent to the ThunderCore Network. You can monitor your transaction by visiting https://scan.thundercore.com and searching for your transaction hash.
If you encounter any issue with your Ledger device and the wallet, please join our Telegram and report the issue. Thanks!